Sunday 24 May 2015

We have arrived!!

After a year of waiting from making the booking the Congerton family have arrived in Chicago.
The flight over was very special. Family members only info.... and no the wife and I didn't join the mile high club.

The 747 was full to the brim, but 8 hours soon passes, a film couple of old episodes of faulty towers!

I had pre booked us to go up the Willis tower, our hotel Best Western Grant Park was only a 15 min walk away.
I knew we would probably have to queue .... but my word unorganised chaos .... 3 hrs to go on a 1 minute 103 floor lift ride, I admit once on the floor the view was amazing looking over Chicago ... but no staff organising any form of control ment you had to fight and push your way, to get to the glass outside viewing floors and then no sod would move for your own photo opportunity.
I know it was a Saturday and a holiday weekend but come on USA you can do much better than that.
I am writing this at 4 am wide awake ... long drive today to St Louis. . Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment